The Best Travel Insurance In 2023 (COVID-19 Included)
When traveling around the world, purchasing travel insurance should be one of your top priorities. Everything can happen while being on road and good insurance offers you financial security against unforeseen circumstances such as emergency medical care, flight cancellations, or theft of personal items. Despite taking risks, unexpected events can still occur. That’s why it’s essential to be well-prepared. By investing a few dollars per day, you can avoid unnecessary stress and focus on enjoying your trip to the fullest.
Why Do I Need Travel Insurance?
As a traveler, you never know when unexpected events can happen. Even if you have everything planned out, there’s always a risk of unforeseen things coming up: flight cancellations, lost luggage, or even a medical emergency. These types of incidents can quickly change your travel plans.
That’s why purchasing travel insurance is essential. Just in case something happens. Plus, many travel insurance offer benefits such as 24/7 emergency assistance, trip interruption coverage, and more. It’s a small investment that can go a long way in ensuring that you have an enjoyable travel experience.
The Best Travel Insurance
One insurance does not fit all. While traveling we all have different needs and it’s necessary to find the best insurance to cover yours. What you’re going to do on your trip and where your insurance may be useful are two questions to think about. Maybe you have expensive equipment that requires extra coverage or also are you planning on participating in activities that come with higher risk. Either way, with the right insurance you’ll be assured that you’re fully covered and can focus on enjoying your trip without any worries.
To make it easier for you to pick the most suitable travel insurance, take a look at the pros and cons of the companies mentioned below.
- Coverage for emergency medical expenses up to $100,000 for accidents and illnesses.
- You can increase your coverage while traveling.
- In case of any emergency, you will have access to 24/7 support (Generali Global Assistance).
- COVID-19: Coverage for medical emergencies, emergency medical evacuation, trip delay, and trip interruption in case you become infected with COVID-19 during your travels.
- Doesn’t cover those over 70 years old.
- Doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions
- COVID-19: does not include coverage for cancellation due to COVID-19 concerns or fear about traveling.
- Covers lost checked-in luggage (Up to $3,000 per certificate period)
- Protect you from emergency medical evacuation.
- You get coverage for up to 30 days in your home country if you need to go back for any reason.
- The price is very affordable compared to most travel insurance providers.
- The maximum payout is much lower than offered by other travel insurance.
- No protection for laptops, cameras, or other electronic devices.
- Doesn’t cover those over 69 years old.
- COVID-19: Covers emergency medical care while traveling and trip cancellation due to becoming ill with the virus.
- Up to $1 million coverage for emergency medical and dental services.
- Yearly plans are available for frequent travelers who intend to take multiple trips throughout the year.
- Cancellation coverage for work-related cancellation
- You’re not allowed to cancel a trip for “just any reason”.
- Doesn’t cover fertility treatments or elective abortion while traveling.
- Only offers coverage from medical expenses of $50,000
Your Guide to Getting a Travel Insurance
- Consider your specific needs, such as the level of coverage needed for the activities you plan to do while traveling.
- Think about the length of your trip. While some travel insurances are purchased for a fixed period, others can be renewed during your journey.
- Talk with customer support and ask any questions you may have. Get a quote to obtain an idea of the expected coverage cost.
- Carefully read the policy to fully understand what is included. You don’t want to discover that you lack coverage for something vital while traveling.
- Purchase the policy and ensure that you bring the insurance documents when traveling. This guarantees that you can access necessary coverage if anything goes wrong.
We know how overwhelming it can be to choose the right travel insurance. But trust us, it’s worth taking the time to research and find the perfect fit. You’ll thank yourself later. Don’t rush into it and choose the wrong policy that could end up costing you more in the long run. Take a deep breath, relax, and follow our steps above to make sure you’re covered while having the time of your life.